Erasmus+ programme of the EU Commission
Strategic partnership for vocational education and training
- VET: Contributing to innovation in vocational education and training
- HORIZONTAL: Environment and fight against climate change
The most-known effects of environmental problems on health stems from water quality problems, air pollution and insufficient sanitation.
Despite the efforts shown, the member states have failed to establish a common ground for international agreement focusing on bringing sustainable solutions to the global environmental issues and the climate change.
The project, through well designed and constructed, practical and innovative online tools, offers advice, guidelines and assessment tools for industrial organizations, technical workers and trainers, and VET teachers.
“ECO4VET” project provides VET providers, trainers, teachers; industrial organizations and technical workforce in production sites with the carbon footprints and energy-efficient production concept that allow the target group to be able to calculate their carbon emission rates based on their activities and equip the target group with innovative ideas and best practice examples on how organizations can neutralize carbon-free production methods within their budgets.
The project’s target group can measure the environmental effect of their professional practices focusing on different aspects such as the impact of transportation, electricity, water, food, material, locality of the products and plan their activities accordingly.
- VET providers, trainers, and teachers
- Technical staff working in production companies
- Research and development professionals (engineers and technicians) of industrial companies
- Consultants focusing on environmental and sustainability issues
- Directors and/or owners of SMEs
- Members of NGOs focusing on environmental issues
- Education/training organizations and institutes, VET centres
- Local authorities and policymakers
- Members of advisory boards and experts from associated partners and stakeholders